The unique event kicks off on Saturday and runs till next Wednesday.
SpongeBob SquarePants, who usually lives in a pineapple under the sea, has moved to Valletta for the next four days, in between Parliament and the former Royal Opera House.
What’s going on?
The Malta Tourism Authority told 89.7 Bay the five-day festival will feature ‘world class events not just for children but for families as well’.
- SpongeBob SquarePants will be at the Malta National Aquarium in Qawra
- You can learn to duel with Nella the Princess Knight at St James Cavalier in Valletta
- You can take selfies in the exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AR photo booth at the Valletta Market
- Meet PAW Patrol at the Esplora Science Centre at the former Bighi Royal Naval Hospital in Kalkara
- A number of free live stage shows are being held at the former Royal Opera House over the weekend
- A Nickelodeon multi-media ehibition and workshop hub will also be open at St James Cavalier in Valletta
- The festival will end with a carnival-style parade through the streets of Valletta
The first @Nickelodeon Treasure Hunt in the world officially lands in #Malta. It officially kicks off on Saturday and runs till next Wednesday, & will feature world class events not just for youths but events for children and families. Well done @VisitMalta and all stakeholders
— Konrad Mizzi (@KonradMizzi) April 11, 2019
Malta‘s tourism minister Konrad Mizzi said he was delighted that the Malta Tourism Authority had teamed up with Nickelodeon to entertain children in Malta.
He told 89.7 Bay: ‘Our marketing campaign was very well received particularly in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.
‘This year’s event will develop the foundation for further strategic collaboration with Nickelodeon.’