Worker dies after electric shock horror in Attard

A man has died after suffering a massive electric shock while working in Attard.

Martin Kalincev, 28, from Msida was employed with a contractor with a Maltese telecommunications company.

Police said the emergency services were alerted at around 9.30am on Thursday morning.

He was rushed to hospital where he sadly died 90 minutes.

An eyewitness told 89.7 Bay: ‘The man was up on working on a cherry picker in Hatab Street.

‘He must have touched something live because he suffered a serious electric shock.

‘He was quite badly injured.’

Police have launched an investigation into the accident.

Read more: Everything You Need To Know About Gozo’s Inland Sea

Bay Way Hoodie (Unisex)

Our limited-edition hoodie just dropped. Grab yours now!