A fire in a pharmacy in Sliema has left two people requiring hospital treatment.
The emergency services were called to Rudolph Street in the town at about 10:55am.
Two people were taken to Mater Dei Hospital suffering from shock.
Three others were treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The pharmacy also houses a doctor’s clinic and an optician’s shop.
The block of houses includes the pharmacy, an optician’s and a clinic.
Members of the Civil Protection Department put out the blaze within 20 minutes.
It was reported the blaze could have been started by an electrical fault.