Yesterday, the Mużika Mużika – Festival Kanzunetta Maltija Board announced the twenty semi-finalists that will be competing during the festival, which will be broadcast on Television Malta between the 18th and 20th of March 2021.
This comes after, the festival entered its second phase as the 35 chosen participants performed their songs live, while accompanied by a backing track, in front of a professional jury different from that of the first phase. After careful deliberation, the jury chose the final 20 songs that will be competing in the semi-finals next March.
Minister José Herrerra stated that the Festival Kanzunetta Maltija offers a unique and interesting opportunity to all artists in Malta and Gozo. “This festival celebrates Maltese talent as well as the Maltese language, that we Maltese and Gozitans hold so dear. and I am honoured that the Ministry, thanks to Festivals Malta, will be organising it.”
Mr Raymond Bugeja, Chairman of the Board, congratulated all semi-final participants. “I am proud of the talent we have in this prestigious festival! This festival is reaching new heights as all songs were of a very high level and standard.”
The Mużika Mużika – Festival Kanzunetta Maltija Board, Festivals Malta and the Minister for National Heritage, the arts and Local Government congratulate all semi-finalists. More information about the songs, singers, composers and authors will be available in the coming days on www.muzikamuzika.org.
The twenty songs that will perform during the Mużika Mużika – Festival Kanzunetta Maltija semi-final in March 2021 are the following (In alphabetical order):
- Binti. Singers: Ian Vella (Janvil) & Jade Vella. Composer: Richard Micallef. Author: Roberta Magri.
- Fjamma. Singer: Fabrizio Faniello. Composer: Philip Vella. Author: Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Għajjejt Inħobb. Singer: Christian Arding. Composer: Gilbert Camilleri. Author: Rita Pace.
- Għal Dan il-Lejl. Singer: Charisse Vassallo. Composer: Mark Spiteri Lucas. Author: Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Għażiż. Singer: Danica Muscat. Composer: Cyprian Cassar. Author: Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Ħarsa Biss. Singer: Glen Vella. Composer: Philip Vella. Author: Joe Julian Farrugia.
- Ħudni Lura. Singers: Bernie & Pod. Composer: Bernard Bonnici. Author: Ivan Farrugia.
- Il-Kitarra u Jien. Singer: Philip Vella. Composer: Philip Vella. Author: Joe Julian Farrugia.
- Int Biss. Singer: Christina Magrin. Composer: Mark Scicluna. Author: Mark Scicluna.
- Kompli Tbissem. Singers: Avenue Sky. Composer: Glen Vella. Author: Andy Muscat.
- L-Ewwel Jien. Singers: Kantera Band. Composer: Elton Zarb. Author: Joe Julian Farrugia.
- Lil Binti. Singer: Mark Spiteri Lucas. Composer: Mark Spiteri Lucas. Author: Mark Spiteri Lucas.
- Naħseb Fik. Singer: AIDAN. Composer: Aidan Cassar. Author: Aidan Cassar.
- Sinfonija Ħiemda. Singer: Miguel Bonello. Composers: Aldo Spiteri & Bradley Spiteri. Author: Joe Julian Farrugia.
- Ta’ Ftit Kliem. Singer: Ryan Grech. Composer: Ryan Grech. Author: Ryan Grech.
- Tbissimli. Singer: Michela Galea. Composer: Mark Spiteri Lucas. Author: Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Teżor. Singer: Janice Mangion feat. George Curmi Il-Puse’. Composers: Cyprian Cassar & Mark Scicluna. Author: Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Tista’. Singer: MJAW. Composer: Nikolai Gravino. Author: Nikolai Gravino.
- Vizzju. Singer: Raquel Galdes Briffa. Composer: Aidan Cassar. Author: Aidan Cassar.
- Warajk. Singer: Franklin Calleja. Composer: Dominic Cini. Author: Etienne Micallef.