Malta is now among the favourites to win this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
‘Chameleon’ by Michela Pace stormed into the top ten on the Eurovision 2019 betting odds at the weekend.
The singer, 18, from Gozo is now listed as the eighth favourite to lift the Eurovision trophy.
That’s an impressive jump for Malta, which was in 21st place less than a week ago.
But what do Maltese kids think of our Eurovision entry?
We asked eight children – Emma, Chris, Dailee, Chantelle, Yanika, Bradley, Michael and Kathryn – to take part in the first edition of Bay Reacts, a new series which has launched on 89.7 Bay‘s social media platforms.
Will they give ‘Chameleon’ the thumbs up?
Take a look for yourself:
Malta’s rise is the biggest shift in the Top 10.
The Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Cyprus and Iceland still hold the highest spots.
The current top ten in according to Eurovision World is as follows:
- Netherlands – Duncan Laurence – Aracde
- Russia – Sergey Lazarev – Scream
- Sweden – John Lundvik – Too Late for Love
- Switzerland – Luca Hanni – She Got Me
- Italy – Mahmood – Soldi
- Cyprus – Tamta – Replay
- Iceland – Hatari – Hatrio mun sigra
- Malta – Michela Pace – Chameleon
- Portugal – Conan Osiris – Telemovies
- Greece – Katerine Duska – Better Love