89.7 Bay has teamed up with Rotary Club Malta for the trip of a lifetime!
Rotary Club Malta is on the hunt for Challengers to join them on a trip through Uganda’s rain forests, valleys, and local towns to observe wild gorillas in their natural environment.
You will climb Mount Sabinyo, take a thrilling boat trip over a volcanic lake in wooden canoes, visit a local school and participate in several green initiatives for the local community.
Additionally, you will encounter golden monkeys, elephants and gorillas at the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which is home to 120 species of animals, 200 types of trees, and more than 50 reptiles.
Mark your calendars – The event will take place on the 26th of September until the 5th of October 2022!
All funds raised will go to Rotary Club Malta’s ‘Save Malta’s Natural Habitats’ projects.
Some of the highlights will include:
- A trek through the rainforest of the Virunga Mountain Range and encounter this endangered species
- Climb the breath-taking Mount Sabinyo, with panoramas across three dierent countries
- See golden monkeys and elephants in their jungle
- Ride across the volcanic Lake Muntanda in wooden canoes
- Track the amazing Nkuringo Gorilla Family Group
This challenge is suitable for all ages over 18 with a general level of fitness.
Want to apply? Get in touch with ‘Rotary Club Malta’ on Facebook or visit www.rotary.org.mt for more information!