The Queen was told by doctors to rest for two more weeks, as the Buckingham Palace announced.
This means that any events and official visits scheduled during this time will be cancelled. Though she will not be able to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13, Buckingham Palace has said that the Queen may take on some ‘light’ virtual events.
‘However, it remains The Queen’s firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on November 14.’, the palace added.
The announcement comes after Her Majesty cancelled a trip to Glasgow due to take place this week. The 95-year-old monarch was due to attend the COP26 climate change summit on Monday but said she ‘regretfully’ decided not to attend on doctor’s orders.
The Queen had been scheduled to attend along with the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for five days between 1st and 5th November. However, it is reported that other senior royals will still be in attendance.
This came after the Queen underwent medical checks in hospital in October after cancelling a trip to Northern Ireland.