A survivor of the Malta bus crash has managed to speak for the first time since he almost died two weeks ago.
Simon Morrison was seriously injured after an open-top double-decker smashed into a tree during a sightseeing tour.
Mr Morrison, from Aberdeenshire, was put in an induced coma at Mater Dei Hospital after the horrific accident.
He was flown from Malta to Scotland last weekend and is now breathing unaided for the first time.
He has also spoken for the first time since the crash on April 10.
Family friend Mark McCready told 89.7 Bay: ‘We can’t thank everyone enough for their messages for Simon.
‘He was flown back to Aberdeen on Saturday from Malta so at least his family are by his side now.
‘I went up to the hospital to see him. He was sticking his tongue out at me and winking.
‘He still had tubes to assist his breathing. He was also kicking his legs about.’
Mr McCready told BBC Scotland: ‘He has now had his tubes removed and is breathing on his own which is amazing news.
‘He talked as well. It’s still a long recovery period for him and family.
‘I will be going up next week to see him again and to show him all the kind messages to give him a boost.
‘He is a fighter.’
Mr Morrison had been on holiday in Malta with his sister Suzanne Henderson, 39, her husband Michael, 44, and their two children Kelsey, 15 and Kieran, 18.
A 37-year-old tourist from Spain and a man, 62, from Belgium died in the accident on Valletta Road in Zurrieq earlier this month.
In total, six people were taken to Mater Dei Hospital following the crash.