The Annual Nationwide Pink Oct – Mov ’20 campaign is on with a bang. Despite COVID-19 putting spokes in the wheel for most NGO’s, The Marigold Foundation has continued with its efforts to launch this annual educational campaign aimed at preventing, raising awareness, educating, and motivating persons to check themselves and face their fears.
This year Pink October will focus on metastatic breast cancer which is rarely discussed on the island. Apart from this, the Pink Campaign will extend to other female cancers that on our islands remain mainly a taboo. These include cervical cancer and also ovarian cancer. The campaign urges women to be open with such issues, learn how to prevent getting sick, how to check themselves, do the necessary screenings and tests, and face the fear that sometimes throws them into inertia.
Parallel to this, during these two months men are not forgotten but will be once again urged to learn more about prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Following a nationwide survey after last year’s introduction of Movember, this year’s campaign is focusing on educating men not just to check themselves but also on how to do it properly.
The general public is urged to look out for the messages, billboards, tv ads, and online posts to learn more about how to be brave, do the next step, and check your body regularly.
The Annual Nationwide Pink Oct – Mov ’20 campaign is spearheaded and coordinated by The Marigold Foundation – BOV in the Community. As per previous years, donations collected will go into a national fund to be distributed amongst breast care NGOs and other cancer NGOs and for research at the University of Malta. If the public is generous, funds will also go to supply Mater Dei Hospital and our National Screening Unit with a piece of the latest technology.
If you would like to support Pink October – Mov ’20 please visit the Pink October – Mov Facebook page or Instagram to learn more about all the events which are happening in these months or donate on the numbers below.
- 1st – 14th October – Shade It Pink – Nationwide Light It Pink by the Local Council Regions. Offices, homes and shops and urged to participate.
- 9th October at 6.30pm – The Esplora Pink Oct – Mov OnlineTalk
- 12th October – 18th October – Walk Week – solo or small group walks to be posted on FB with donations either going towards Race For Cure (International Fund) or donations towards the Pink October National Fund.
- 17th October at 11.30pm – The Pink Bubbly Brunch – Awareness & Entertainment at Palazzo Parisio
- 6th November at 8pm – The Black & Pink Palazzo Dinner
- 14th November – Movember Hard Rock Night
- Information talks at schools, offices and entities to be scheduled with The Marigold Foundation and according to Covid Guidelines.
SMS Donations 50619238 for €11.65
CALL Donations 51702052 €15 51802053 €25
MOBILE PAY number 99912373 for amounts up to €500