After exclusively revealing the good news that fathers/birthing partners will be allowed to visit their partners and babies, after giving birth, we can now reveal the details of this new development, which were confirmed to us by hospital sources.
- Birthing partners may accompany mothers throughout pregnancy while attending MDH and delivery in the Central Delivery Suite.
- Following the birth of the child, the Birthing partner may stay with the mother for the first 24hours after birth.
- Postpartum, beyond the first 24 hrs, the birthing partner can attend on the following day/s from 4.00pm till 6.00pm
- The birthing partner is to wear a mask or visor when visiting MDH.
- These visiting hours are exclusive to Obstetrics and do not apply to Gynae Ward and Obstetrics 2 (MARPA) ward.
- Visiting hours to Gynae Ward from 4.00pm till 6.00pm – for birthing partners.
- No visitors are allowed in MARPA Ward (Obstetrics 2)