A man has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious in the sea at Malta’s Blue Lagoon.
The 27-year-old from Finland suffered ‘serious injuries’, according to the police.
The emergency services were alerted at around 4pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The man was pulled from the water by lifeguards from the Emergency Response and Rescue Corps based at Comino and was the transferred to Gozo General Hospital in Victoria.
Magistrate Paul Coppini has launched an inquiry.
Blue Lagoon Quick facts
- The Blue Lagoon is one of the most most popular swimming spots in Malta
- Shallow bay in between two islands with crystal clear waters
- Major tourist attraction, very popular and busy in summer
- Ideal for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving or simply relaxing on the beach
- Popularised in blockbuster films such as The Count of Monte Cristo