More of us than ever are going to Gozo.
Malta’s pretty little sister is breaking new tourism records, according to the latest official figures.
Passenger numbers on the Gozo Channel ferries soared by more than five per cent in the last three months of the year.
The total smashed the 1.3 million mark between October and December 2018.
The highest number of passengers was recorded in October, at almost 495,000.
That works out as 37.5 per cent of the total for the three month period.
As in previous years, August was the busiest month on the Gozo ferries in 2018.
Gozo may be just 14km x 7km but there is no shortage of things to do:
- Visit Ramla Bay with its shimmery red sand and lush valley surroundings
- Explore Xlendi and Marsalforn with their many seaside restaurants
- Gozo boasts some of the world’s top dive sites like Dwejra and Reqqa Point
- Gozo has tranquil village squares such as Qala, Nadur and Sannat where life unfolds at a much slower pace than Malta
- Explore the dramatic coastline from Dwejra to Ta’ Cenc to Mgarr – a photographers’ haven
- Check out Visit.Gozo.com’s Gozo cultural calendar, for music festivals, the village festas and much more