The Minister responsible for Public Health notifies that, by virtue of Article 2 (1) of the Mandatory Tests for Certain Travellers Regulations, 2020, the list of countries referred to in the same regulation is being revised. Any traveller arriving in Malta from any of the countries listed in the revised list indicated hereunder is required to present a negative PCR COVID-19 test performed no longer than seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Malta.
Travellers arriving in Malta from any of the said countries who fail to produce such a test may be submitted to testing in Malta and may be subject to quarantine.
Revised list of countries:
(new countries and new exceptions are in Red)
- Czech Republic
- France (all airports except Ile-de-France)
- Germany (all airports except Baden-Wurttemberg)
- Greece (all airport except Attiki)
- Italy (all airports except Sicily and Sardegna)
- Portugal (all airports except Madeira, Azores)
- San Marino
- Spain (all airports except Canarias)
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
This notice regarding the revised list of countries shall come into effect on Saturday 12th December, at midnight.