Malta has reached another major social media milestone.
The hashtag #Malta has now been used more than six MILLION times on Instagram.
Valletta’s amazing architecture, Mdina’s narrow streets, Gozo’s stunning scenery and Comino’s sparkling Blue Lagoon were some of the most popular Instagram hot spots.
Social media experts say Malta was almost made for the photo-sharing app with more than 300 days of glorious sunshine a year.
#Gozo is the most tagged place in the Maltese Islands with a whopping 860,035 posts
#Valletta is second with 599,482 posts.
#Comino lags behind on 255,205 posts, followed by #Sliema on 231,907 posts.
#Mdina racked up 209,708 posts.
Instagram’s popularity has been growing steadily in Malta and Gozo since it first debuted back in 2010.
Instagram fast facts:
- One billion people use Instagram every month
- 88% of users are outside the US
- 71% of Instagram users around the globe are under the age of 35
- 22% of all Instagram users log in at least once a day
- 38% of users check Instagram multiple times a day
- 25% of smartphone owners use Instagram
If you want to explore some of the most beautiful spots around the Maltese Islands, look no further for inspiration than Bay Easy Instagram.