The Maltese passport has been named one of the most powerful in the world.
A new survey puts Malta in joint ninth place in a new list of the world’s travel-friendly passports.
Japan has the most powerful passport in the world, according to the index.
The country scored the number one position in the rankings for the third year in a row.
Compiled by residence and citizenship planning company Henley & Partners, the Henley Passport Index ranks all the world’s passports based on data from the International Air Transport Association.
These are the world’s most powerful passports:
1. Japan – 191 destinations
2. Singapore – 190
3. South Korea, Germany – 189
4. Italy, Finland – 188
5. Spain, Luxembourg, Denmark – 187
6. France, Sweden – 186
7. Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, Ireland, Austria – 185
8. United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Greece, Belgium – 184
9. Malta, New Zealand, Canada, Australia – 183
10. Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary – 181
Afghanistan’s passport was ranked the worst with just 26 destinations, followed by Iraq.