Good Morning “new-normal” Malta! One of the activities which will be resuming today is the training for non-contact sports. As is the case with the other businesses going back to life today, a set of mitigation rules have been issued, which have to be followed to ensure your safety, and the safety of those around you.
Below is a quick round-up:
- Training is to be limited to groups of six, which can be made up of five athletes and a coach, or six athletes.
- Athletes are to keep a safe distance of 3m for all sports, apart from some exceptions were the distance is to be 2m.
- The group of six people is to remain the same for subsequent training sessions, and the members of the group cannot change groups for any reason.
- Coaches are considered as part of the group, and they too must keep a 3m distance whilst wearing a face-mask.
- Equipment cannot be lent to other athletes. Each athlete is to have and use his or her own equipment at all times.
- The total number of persons who can be in a training space should not be more than 1 person per 20m-squared of the usable training space.
Heading back to training today? We wish you well, enjoy it, and keep safe always!