Has Malta’s little sister ever looked so festive?
Crowds braved the drizzle and cold in Gozo on Saturday night to watch the Christmas season get under way in style.
Families packed out the centre of Victoria for the eagerly-awaited switch-on of the annual Christmas lights, with this year’s event set to be spectacular.
And they weren’t disappointed with a show-stopper event and the illumination of the historic Banca Giuratale in Independence Square.
Gozo Minister Justyne Caruana described this year’s Christmas decorations in Victoria as ‘truly spectacular’.
These amazing photos by Terry Camilleri from the Ministry of Gozo captured the festive spirit of the evening, with carol singing, speeches and the switching-on of the stunning Christmas lights.
1. Schoolchildren from Victoria prepare to sing their hearts out
2. They were all dressed up in Father Christmas outfits
3. Victoria’s Banca Giuratale was floodlight in spectacular style
4. The beautiful building was built in the 18th century in Victoria
5. It now houses the Victoria Local Council
6. A Christmas tree is floodlit onto the side of the historic building
7. The illuminations got the thumbs up from the crowd in Victoria
8. The Ministry of Gozo organised the Christmas decorations in Victoria
Gozo will be hosting a huge number of events during the Christmas season this year.