A fire at a private house in Tarxien took the life of an 81-year-old woman on Monday morning.
The incident occurred at 6:45 a.m., in Triq Betta where according to police reports, the fire is likely to have happened due to a short circuit.
The victim, identified as Lonza Busuttil, was sleeping on her second-floor bed when the fire broke out. Reports claim that the family dog ran to wake her up, however inhaling the smoke unfortunately killed both Busuttil and the household dog.
Tarxien mayor Joseph Abela Galea expressed his condolences to the victim’s family and encouraged anyone who would like to help out with the cost of the damages to send their donations through Revolut on +356 99335860.