The most popular songs played at funerals have been revealed – with no traditional hymns in the top 10 for the first time.
Frank Sinatra’s My Way topped the chart followed by Time To Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
Over The Rainbow by Eva Cassidy came third.
New entries in this year’s study are Ed Sheeran’s Supermarket Flowers, and You Raise Me Up by Westlife.
Popular rock songs played at funerals included Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven and Meat Loaf’s Bat Out Of Hell, while Angels by Robbie Williams is the most requested pop tune, said Co-op Funeral.
Top songs at funerals in 2019
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Time To Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
- Over The Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Supermarket Flowers – Ed Sheeran
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- You Raise Me Up – Westlife
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life – Eric Idle