Deputy Prime Minister and Minister For Health, Chris Fearne has made the announcement in a joint press conference with Prof Charmaine Gauci.
Deputy Prime Minister Chris Fearne said that in the next days the current precautionary measures will be changed, amended, updated or relaxed so that social life can go back to what was considered normal before all this started, and also, so that the economy can start picking up steam again.
Once again he reiterated that the measures will be lifted or relaxed in a gradual manner, emphasising that any measures which remain in place have to continue being observed rigorously.
DPM Fearne also said that an App will be launched in the coming days which will help users to determine whether they should step forward for testing – by inputting the symptoms which they would have at a given point in time. The App will be completely anonymous and at no point will users be asked to input their personal details.
- Malta’s first COVID-19 case was reported on the 7th March 2020.
- 448 Cases So Far, of which 162 are active Cases
- Over 28,000 Tests carried out so far
- 282 People have now recovered from COVID-19
- 4 Senior Citizens have died after resulting positive for COVID-19. All 4 people had other medical complications.