Calling all thrifters! Who’s up for an afternoon of clothes swapping?
The concept is simple – rummage through your wardrobe and grab those clothes that you haven’t worn in years, and head on down to UOM to swap them out for some cool new digs (well, new to you cos they’re second hand, hence, thrifters).
When? The 29th of February.
Where? KSU Common Room.
There’s even going to be a pop-up shop with original designs, organic tees, hoodies & bags.
👖🧥The outfit from the photo will be available on our SWAP 🎉✨ Remember, waste isn’t a waste until you waste it!
Entry to thrifting your heart away is just €5.
They even laid out some rules for all y’all on their event page.
1. Participants can bring from 1 to 15 items ONLY
2. Every item has the same value on the event 1 item = 1 token
3. All the items should be washed and in very good condition
4. Remember to carefully select the clothes to swap, once you exchange them for tokens – they don’t belong to you anymore. Make sure to say a proper goodbye as all the leftover clothes will be donated to a local charity.
5. If it turns out you have more clothes than expected and still want to pass them on, a separate collection box for donations will be on site.
6. Make sure to arrive on time. It takes time to exchange clothes for tokens and prep everything. You can use this time to go ‘window shopping’ and plan your hunt.
7. Remember – the swap is a partayyy! Enjoy swapping and keep your eyes peeled for the surprises.
8. Get your ticket to participate in the swap, all proceeds go towards covering our costs for the event. Available here or at the door – https://bit.ly/37DICsm
There is a limited amount of tickets, so chop-chop!
The concept of the SWAP is to introduce swapping clothes as part of a more conscious way to consume fashion. You as a consumer should be aware of what you buy, from whom you buy it and who ultimately made your clothes.
You can find more information about the event by following this link.