Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Health Chris Fearne has just announced a new set of measures which are aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
The first measure announced is to do with incoming travelers. DPM Fearne announced that apart from the red and the green list, Malta will be adding an Amber List which is effective from Friday at Midnight. The travelers coming from the countries on this list, which will be announced later on today and which will be revised every week, will be asked to produce a COVID-19 Negative Medical Certificate which should not be older than 72 hours. Moreover, random testing is going to be held at Malta International Airport.
Meanwhile, as from Wednesday at 8am, Deputy Prime Minister Fearne announced the following measures:
- Clubs, Nightclubs, and Discos to be closed until further notice.
- Bars, Kazini and Bar-and-Restaurant establishments, will only be allowed to operate their restaurant side of business, i.e. seated service only. Moreover, alcoholic drinks will only be allowed to patrons who would be dining at the restaurant.
- Boat Parties are to be canceled until further notice.
- People in groups of more than 15 will not be allowed in public places.
- The obligatory use of a face mask will be extended to all enclosed public places.
With regards to Weddings, Deputy Prime Minister Chris Fearne announced that as from the weekend commencing 28th August, all weddings are to be held in a restaurant ambience. This means that all guests are to be seated, with a maximum of 8 people per table and with a 2-metre space between tables. Food and drinks at weddings are to be solely served at the tables.
This is a developing story.