Health authorities announced that restaurants and bars can keep their doors open until 2am as long as their license allows them to do so.
This follows as the number of new cases of Covid-19 remained low and the active cases as of yesterday stood at 27, therefore the health authorities eased restrictions even further.
Moreover as from June 28:
- Fitness classes are also being allowed.
- All contact sports have resumed.
- Visiting hours at Mater Dei have increased to 11:30am till 1pm and from 3pm till 8pm.
- Sea transport can operate with 65% capacity.
- Kids aged 12 or younger don’t need to wear a mask if they accompanied with someone who is vaccinated.
In a statement, health minister Chris Fearne also added that in the view of the stable number of cases, as from July 1, people who are fully vaccinated and in the possession of a vaccine certificate are not obliged to wear their masks in public.
This is possible as long as they are not accompanying more than one other fully vaccinated person.
Furthermore, children under the age of 12 may remain without a mask as long as they are accompanied by a person who is vaccinated against COVID-19.