It might only be July but retailers are already thinking ahead to Christmas .
Amazon has revealed the top five toy trends it thinks will shape festive wish-lists this year.
Featuring the hottest toy releases of the year, along with expert toy know-how, these top trends include new takes on old family favourites, toys that interact with each other, and gifts that keep on giving.
Amazon’s head of toys James French said: ‘At Amazon, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver everything our customers need for a magical festive season, and the smiles on Christmas morning are undoubtedly the most important.
‘This year, we are spoilt for choice with so many fantastic new toys set to deliver huge smiles come the big day.
‘As our top five shows, there’s something for every age and budget on the list.’
The Amazon top toy trends for Christmas 2019 are:
- Innovation in Games – Brand new for 2019, Pictionary Airwill see pencils and papers retired for a more modern version of drawing
- Toys Inspired by Cult Family Franchises – Amazon.co.uk anticipates that Frozen-themed toys will be filling many Christmas stockings.
- Unboxing 2.0 – The L.O.L. Surprise. O.M.G Doll comes with 20 surprises to discover, while the new L.O.L Surpise! Glamper Fashion Camper comes with 55 separate surprises.
- Pre-School Sensory Play – Fisher Price’s new Linkimals range which include a sloth, hedgehog, moose, otter and llama, are interactive toys that will introduce babies and toddlers to counting, colour and music.
- Evolution of Electronic Toys – Owleez is a toy owl that kids can nurture and fly around the room. Juno My Baby Elephant is an adorable baby elephant with an animated trunk that can pick things up.