We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Malta is without question one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
Talented aerial photographer Alex Turnbull has captured all of the colours of Malta with a series of incredible drone shots.
From the bustling heart of Valletta to the sandy beach at Golden Bay, Malta from above is a sight to behold.
Alex, 21, from Sliema started taking pictures five years ago.
His hobby quickly turned into a passion and Alex, who is a student at the University of Malta, has never looked back.
He told 89.7 Bay: ‘Over the years I’ve managed to shoot all sorts of things with my camera, from landscapes to sports, underwater and now aerial photos thanks to my drone.
‘It’s a great tool for capturing a completely different perspective of something that looks pretty ordinary from the ground.
‘I have grown to love aerial photography.’
Here’s our pick of 20 of Alex’s most epic shots from Instagram.
1. The entrance to Valletta’s Grand Harbour
2. Fungus Rock at Dwejra in Gozo
3. Balluta Bay before the new beach
4. Sky high over Wied il-Ghasri in Gozo
5. Small boats in Mistra Bay
6. Malta’s famous Grand Harbour from the air
7. Up and above St Paul’s Island
8. Qbajjar in Gozo
9. Bird’s eye view of Qui Si Sana in Sliema
10. Marsalforn from above
11. Riviera Bay at Ghajn Tuffieha
12. The Chalet in Sliema
13. Saltpans at Bahar ic-Caghaq
14. Waterpolo pitch in St Julian’s
15. Tigne Point in Sliema
16. The road to Wied iż-Żurrieq
17. The tiny harbour at Wied iż-Żurrieq
18. The sandy beach at Golden Bay
19. The coast at Ghajn Tuffieha
20. Coral Lagoon near Mellieha
Read more: Alex Turnbull Photography